I received my diploma Informatics (Bioinformatics) from the Eberhard-Karls Universität Tübingen (Germany) and continued my research at the Technische Universität München (Germany). In 2013 I received my certificate for Dr. rer. nat. (PhD) for the research around secure data transmission in Wireless Sensor Networks. From 2013-2018 I joint the Communication Systems Group (CSG) at the University of Zurich (UZH) in Switzerland as Head of Mobile and Trusted Communications. My research extended to the wide range of the Internet of Things (IoT), mobile communications, and embedded/distributed systems. This research was concluded with my habilitation leading to my Venia Legendi in Informatics granted for life including teaching license in 2021. For more details on my theses click here.
After several years of visiting status at the Network Security Group at the Universität der Bundeswehr München (UniBwM, engl. University of Federal Armed Forces Munich, Germany) I joined the affiliated Research Institute CODE (RI CODE) as Head of Secure IoT. My focus on secure IoT got extended by critical infrastructures and more complex systems. I extended the local teaching curriculum with IoT, secure mobile systems, and questions around the crime scene IoT. In 2021 my Venia Legendi in Informatics was also accepted at the UniBwM and the title Dr. habil. as well as the PD (Privatdozent) with teaching status were issued. Since October 2021 I am the local contact point at the RI CODE for the National Cybersecurity Competence Center Germany (NCC-DE).
With my expertise I am involved in national/international projects (e.g., AMIUS, CONCORDIA, symbIoTe, or SmartenIT) as well as elected as reviewer for cybersecurity calls within the European Funding Program. During the last years together with my Ph.D. candidates and students several awards on IEEE/ACM conferences were won and current research results were presented in national/international events. Further outcomes were integrated in standardization activities in secure and reliable communication.
For getting a glimp of my IoT research, check out SecureWSN!
A list of publications can be found here!
A list of my professional activities can be found here!
Languages: German (native tongue), English (business fluent)
Programming Languages: HTML (skilful), C/C++ (good), nesC (good), Java (basics), Matlab (basics), MySQL (basics),
Visual Basic (basics), Pascal (basic again), R (basic again)
Operating Systems: TinyOS (skilful), Windows XP to Windows 8.1 (good), Linux (good), IOS (good)
Working with documents: Microsoft Office (skilful), LATEX (skilful), HTML (skilful), Framemaker (basics)
Memberships and Social Engagement
- Since 2018 Munich Network Management Team (MNM-Team)
- Since 2015 Deutscher Hochschulverband (German Association of University Professors and Lecturers)
- Since 2014 ASUT Committee for Standards (Normen) and Multi Stakeholder Platform (MSP)
- Since 2012 IEEE
- Since 2011 ACM
- Since 2007 Bioinformatics Organization
- Since 2006 Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI)
- Technische Universität München (TUM), Germany
- M-Chips at DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
- Eberhard-Karls University of Tübingen, Germany
- Since 2009 Lion-Club member: until 2016 member in Campus Lions Club Garching (President 2010/2011, since 2011 web administrator), now member in Lions Club Zürich-City (Revisor 2017/2018)
- 2016-2018 Swiss-German Club
- 2009-2013 Medical Courier for Ontime-Courier GmbH
- 2008-2013 Assistant women representative for the faculty computerscience at Technische Universität München, Germany